Check out the new Dell tech report on @equallogic replication and @Certeon aCelera Sync WAN optimization.
This technical report describes how Dell’s EqualLogic Auto-Replication feature works with Certeon aCelera Sync virtualized WAN optimization product. This report also presents Dell lab validated performance results that will enable IT and SAN administrators to take complete advantage of the Dell EqualLogic volume replication feature in conjunction with Certeon aCelera Sync software solution.
Certeon’s aCelera Sync software works in conjunction with Dell EqualLogic PS Series replication to implement efficient data compression and de-duplication over WAN connections. In doing so, aCelera Sync significantly reduces replication-based WAN traffic and enables more efficient replications. With “Designed for EqualLogic” iSCSI acceleration features, aCelera Sync adds flexibility to the ways enterprises can deploy Dell EqualLogic PS Series SANs across multiple sites, while helping to deliver cost- efficient, real-time performance without adding expensive network bandwidth.
Using aCelera Sync with Dell EqualLogic storage provides the following benefits: Reduces required bandwidth by 50% to 90%
- Reduces replication times by 50% to 90%
- Enables more efficient business day replications
- Deploys as virtual machine software– economical and easy
- “Designed for EqualLogic” iSCSI acceleration features
- Runs on standard Dell server hardware
- Managed by the same enterprise virtualization tools used in the enterprise Scales by adding CPU, memory and disk VM resources
Together, EqualLogic PS Series SANs and aCelera Sync software enable organizations to deploy higher performance data protection, safeguarding critical business data.